Thursday, March 3, 2011

On the Right Road

Raven here again.  There have been a couple of issues, so I haven't made as much progress as I would like to have made.  When I created a model in UDK, it looked fine.  Then I would change that model to a static mesh to conserve resources in the game, and suddenly the thing is covered with strange shadows that have no apparent source and the seams between pieces become glaringly obvious.  I had thought having a single light source had fixed this, but I was wrong.  After fighting with the static meshes and lighting systems for longer than I should have, I decided to just leave the models as brushes for now.  If it starts using too much in the way of resources I can replace them later.  And I did manage to add a sidewalk to the road system using a couple of the static meshes included with the UDK package.  Here is what I have so far:

No comments:

Post a Comment